Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois Mandolins!

To be honest, I wish I could try out more of both of these to give a good assessment. I've played only a couple of the F5S mandolins, and they sounded and played really good. I've played about 4...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Bussman passes

It is with my saddest heart to announce the passing of my good friend of 37 years Bill Bussman. So many around the world knew him through his luthier talents with Old Wave Mandolins. I know this from...
  3. Thread: Weber?

by MandolinChapman
    Replies
    Views

Re: Weber?

Very Nice! I Can't wait. We're getting the final edit done on the video we shot with you Ryan. It's looking great. Thanks for taking the time with us.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Fergal Scahill plays O’Donnell’s Hornpipe

I think one could watch Fergal's videos all day. So much fun.

Here is one of my favorite tunes.

https://youtu.be/euezepZPO_w
  5. Replies
    Views

Fergal Scahill plays O’Donnell’s Hornpipe

Fergal is a great fiddler, but this mandolin video he did is just fantastic. It needs to be shared, so here it is:
    https://youtu.be/ZPDpZUkR0CA

David
  6. The mandolin is the instrument of the year 2023 in Germany

The mandolin is instrument of the year 2023 in Germany. Here is a wonderful show on NDR (german TV) on the subject with Catarina Lichtenberg and Mike Marshall.
    Enjoy it.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: 2000 Flatiron F-5 Artist in classifieds

The Flat Iron Artist series has a good reputation, so I'm sure its a decent axe
    Especially if its had a recent once over (fret and setup) by a decent luthier,
    the price point is accurate.
  8. Re: 2000 Flatiron F-5 Artist in classifieds

The Flatiron Artist F5 is highly regarded; been out of production for a while. Dunno how good the deal is. Call the dealer and ask about it...get an in-hand description
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: 2000 Flatiron F-5 Artist in classifieds

I'm not sure about the price/value but I played a friend's Flatiron F5 at a jam once and it was a wonderful instrument.
  10. Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring on an Eddie Blevins Octave Mandolin

I had this build a few months back and have been meaning to make a demo video for it... I just couldn't figure out what song I wanted to do. I think I'm happy with this one. Anyways, link below :-)
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb acquired by Etsy...

Does this mean my auntie will be able to sell her crochet doilies on Reverb now?
  12. Replies
    Views

NMD Eastwood Warren Ellis Mandostang

It's their 4-string electric. Pretty much what I was hoping for tone and playability. This is a budget instrument but is usable.

Bought from Instrument Alley through Amazon.

Scale length...
  13. Aaron Weinstein's upcoming Peghead Nation courses

Secret no more! Have known about this for some time--Aaron Weinstein will be teaching a new jazz mandolin course at Peghead Nation in the future. Really excited about this and think he's a great fit...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

Probably not, I have a few extra sets of D'Addario strings laying around. I had planned on cutting this up but I'm thinking it might make some new player happy. Still working that out in my mind.
  15. Replies
    Views

OK, so this puppy has arrived, boxed well, shipped from a distribution center in New Jersey via FedEx. The box it arrived in was a clean Chinese labeled shipping box. Inside that box was the...
  16. Replies
    Views

So that's why God put me on this earth. Wait 'til I tell my wife... :))
  17. Poll: Re: Poll for Song a Week Social Group Week #493

Noranda Mineworkers Reel

tTyeUs1SdwQ

Quickstep to the Battle of Prague

47Gv_b3XE4Q

Maddie's Pride
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Blackwell Mandolin - Looking for Info

Great catch! The last line "one of the best luthiers in the business" sure is something to go on. I hope he responds.

Thank you for going above and beyond Tommcgtx!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gibson Bill Monroe Hall Of Fame Model?

My turn.

I find nothing interesting about the mandolin. If you like it, buy it. However, I find having Monroe's actual signature in a reproduction he actually never authorized to be extremely...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Training the Mind

Re your first two questions, for me, it seems to be a question of "am I sick of this tune yet?". If the answer is no, then I haven't practiced it enough to just go with the flow and let the notes...
  21. Re: Cheap electric mandolin- Eastwood, Kentucky, Gold Tone, or...

I love my Eastwood Warren Ellis Mando. I gig with it every week! 172895
  22. Replies
    Views

NMD Jbovier Tradition

I just bought a jbovier tradition from Jeff. (MAS is intense with me; i can't help myself). I'd love to see videos and photos of y'alls jboviers while I wait for mine!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: What do you practice when you practice bluegrass?

Your question is basically “How do you practice improvising effectively?”

Most importantly, to practice improvising, you have to practice improvising. Practicing scales, arpeggios and other...
  24. Replies
    Views

Multi-Track Recording Made Easy (and I do mean easy!)

Hi guys!

As a long-time recording guy I thought I'd weigh in on the subject of "all in one" recording setups. Before embarking on my almost thirty year teaching career, I used to do a lot of live...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Hero

I have a new mando hero. Well, two...check out Danny Knicely and Jack Dunlap, Chop, Shred, and Split. It blows my mind further every time I listen, and I listen to it often!
    It has an energy and...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4