Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Underrated Gibsons - the A2 and A3 stepchildren

Here's my 1922 A-2 Sheraton brown with truss rod..I love this thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPve5q1dVMo
  2. Re: Help identifyiing this mandolin/what is it worth?

Alvarez A-900 baroque. I still have mine I bought in 1976.
  3. Replies
    Views

Busted Gibson mandola peghead

Got this from our buddy at vintagemandolin.com today. Initially when looking at the pictures after purchase my plan was to re-neck. Quick dry fitted it back together and everything goes back just...
  4. Replies
    Views

Vintage Flat back mandolin ID help

Anyone identify this old girl? No label or markings inside, no signs of it even ever having a label. Very clean inside and out. Actually sounds very good. Original case. Very similar pickguard and...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: X.brace in old Gibson A3

I did X bracing in an old very sunken top gibson project mandola years ago. With lots of humidification and time I managed to regain the arch and thought X bracing would help keep it supported. It...
  6. Re: URGENT: Found stolen Pegasus case - Goshen, IN

I saw that and was actually going to contact him about buying it but didn't. Figured he didn't know what he had. Keep us posted.
  7. Re: ALVAREZ MANDOLIN F Style A900 early 1970's on Ebay

I bought one off the music store wall in 1977 not knowing much at all about them, was just lusting for an F model.799.00 brand new and a monthly payment of 32.00. Beat on it for over 20 years on the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Hughes F-5 #8

Just finished this one up today. Number 8 in the F style. I'm Happy.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Inexpensive F style case

Search ebay: New Top Grade Microgroove Pattern Hardshell Mandolin Case for F Style Mandolins... 41.77 with free shipping. I've bought several of these, they are just fine.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Here's my latest,#7, in the white for test driving. I put a couple cell phone vids on youtube. Under Hughes mandolin # 7. Red spruce top, curly maple elsewhere.
  11. Re: Has Anyone Received Stimulus Check? (Possible Mandolin Conten

Yep, yesterday..
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ebay: Copy of a Lloyd Lane!

Here's one I did, not exactly sea life but water life just the same.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: 3 Point F-4 Torch and Wire

Just got back from the auction, It went for 5500.00 plus 3% buyers premium and Va. state tax. I ran it up best I could but too rich for me. Traverse brace loose and warped, broken off/missing small...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A 1916 mandolin case search

My 1922 A-2 lives in a gator ABS case, fits perfect....
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: 3 Point F-4 Torch and Wire

I was hoping to keep it under wraps!. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then. I just don't know how high to bid to make it a deal. I see blonde and black topped ones around but not this...
  16. Replies
    Views

3 Point F-4 Torch and Wire

I see this coming up at a local estate auction. Looks unmolested and in the original case. Small scroll missing on the head stock. Any idea what it might bring? I might have to go to the bank..
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: 1915 Gibson A Pickguard issue

I've coaxed them off with very thin wood shims and defunct credit cards, nudging and prying gently along the length a little at a time. I had one that was really stuck good and it took me nearly 3...
  18. Re: Need an Amp for my solid-body four-string electric mandolin

Check out a polytone mini brute, it's what I use on mine and it screams. Bought it new in the early 1980's. They can be had on Ebay.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Man....I had a blue guitar...

Here's a blue A model I built for a customer. Turned out well I thought.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocaster?

I bought one of the newer 4 string ones when it came out and was somewhat disappointed in the sound, mainly the no volume E string and intonation issues because of the bridge. Installed a almuse...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson mandolin tailpiece cover

I have that same tailpiece on my '58 Gibson A-5, although it's gold plated not nickel.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage necks

I just finished up this short neck F style for a customer who also likes the feel of the vintage gibson A models. Joins the body at the 12th fret and has the fatter feel he was looking for. I could...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Hughes F-5 #6

Point well taken Ivan. This (and most all my little demo vids) were taken in my kitchen using my antique android phone. I agree that I need to find a better system to show them off. It's not really a...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Hughes F-5 #6

I was going to but opted just to lacquer and wet sand between coats, worked out fine. Might have taken longer but it turned out like I wanted.
  25. Replies
    Views

Hughes F-5 #6

Here's the latest F-5 mandolin I just finished up. Walnut body and neck with red spruce top. Short neck per the customers request along with vine inlay on the radius fretboard. Speed necked as well....
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4