Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Strap for Irish Bouzouki to fit over K&K Jack

Maybe one of these would work for you: https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/strap-accessories/cinchfit/cinchfit-acoustic-jack-lock/
  2. Re: Rigel Mandolins not responding emails - tailpiece question

Gold Tone is carrying replacement Rigel style tailpieces again.

https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldtone/parts/mandrigel
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Body Octave Mandolin for Irish?

I’m pretty sure that Mandolin Bros. shut down years ago.
  4. Re: Rigel Mandolins not responding emails - tailpiece question

I just checked with Gold Tone about Rigel style tailpieces. They are out of them.
  5. Re: What are some good "Guitar Body Octave Mandolin makers out th

I'll add Gary Lewandowski (Cedar Mountain Mandolins ). He just made this one for me.

6. Re: Recommendation? Light/Medium Strings for CGDA 16.5" scale man

Use a set of D’Addario Octave Mandolin strings. That’s what I use on my Mandola.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: bits to cut inlays

And, one post by Marty shows how much I don’t know about any of this.

I know what those words mean individually but not when they are put together in that order. :^ p
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin music library

East Tennessee State University has a Bluegrass, Old-time, and Country Music Studies Major. They also have a Jazz major program.
  9. Re: Moving between Irish and bluegrass fiddle tunes

I would tell her to listen to a couple of sets before joining in. Get a feel for how the Trad people are playing, listen to how and where they emphasize notes, and then join in.

Pete
  10. Re: Bouzouki built for under $1k? Any thoughts?

I don't think that you're going to find anyone to build you a bouzouki for less than $1k.

I think that the best deal in bouzoukis is Phil Crump (http://www.pwcrumpco.com/index.html). His zouks...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Triplets Pick Direction

When in doubt, play more downstrokes.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Carbon fiber mandolins

If anyone can make a composite mandolin that gets past the "buy with the eyes test", it will be Marty. His sense of design is amazing in both visual and acoustic properties.

Embedding wood,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatwound strings for 17'' Mandola

Not flat wound, but you could also try D'Addario (or other) Octave Mandolin strings (EJ80). 46-32-22-12 string gauges. These will be lower tension (but not floppy) so, less bright.

Just a note:...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Help identifying a Wegen

That's one of the hand, reshaped Wegens that you use to be able to get from Greg Boyd. They have disappeared from the web site, but maybe you can get them by calling.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Best string/mandolin match-ups?

I like D'Addario EFW-74 (flat wounds) on my Gibson A-1. I also use them on my 1923 B&D tenor banjo. I usually circle back to D'Addario EXP-74 for everything else. I'm still trying different sets...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola Hard Cases

When talking to Tony Pires about a mandola Tone Gard, he told me that there are no "standard" size mandolas. Each person/manufacture builds them slightly different. Some are constructed using the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola Hard Cases

Just to confirm a couple of things: Neither Eastman or Weber will sell you a case. The best case I was able to find for my mandola was a soft case from Gruv Gear. Their Large Uke Gigblade will fit a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Putting fret markers on "binding"?

Try posting without being a jerk.
  19. Re: One month (or so) review of the Eastman MDO-305

I also replaced the tuners with Rubners. That was the only change that was needed but, I had an Allen tailpipe on hand so that is on there now too. That allows me to use ball end strings as well as...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola gigbag - Found!

I think it would be iffy with a 12.5” bout unless the widest part is closer to the base of the case. The bag is basically a big triangle.

One more thing, that neck support pad is...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mandola gigbag - Found!

Hi all,

I just found this fairly sturdy gigbag which had enough space for an F-4 mandola. It's a bit pricey (about $100), but it is on sale right now for $52. It looks to be worth the full price....
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Some advice needed for reading music.

I would suggest a book for you: Standard Notation for the Tab-Addicted Mandolinist by Debora Chen. It lays out an easy system to play in the first position. It’s self published, so you need to get it...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Bulldog Mandolins

Hey Barry,

Maybe this will bring back some fond memories.

I saw this on the headblock while testing a endoscope.

Pete
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: WiFi HD Waterproof Endoscopic Camera

The camera arrived today. It has it's own built in WiFi transmitter, so you connect your phone, device, computer, whatever to it. Dirt simple.

The camera is small enough to fit in my fiddle F...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Arthritis?

Warm up those fingers before playing! Stretch them out like you would your legs before you went for a run.

If it starts to hurt, stop playing for a bit. (I'm talking hours, not days) If you start...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4