The Celts - Enya cover

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

Lots of Celt mythology/fantasy/rituals and symbology involved in putting this together with the tune I have been working on. Acc. by Emory Lester with thanks.
    I always appreciate your comments here on an my page, so I thank you.
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Ginny, just posted a comment over on Celtic Mandolins channel" This is a really magical performance by the two of you, a great arrangement, and really evocative graphics. Well done all round!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks John...I thought you might be all over the mythology..I was only going by Internet research - I like the Tree of Life symbol the best. Thanks for your YT comment..I haven't got that far yet..raking leaves and snow at the same time...I left a comment for you too - jinx !
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I'd forgotten this song, but your rendition brought it right back. Nice playing. Hey, you have a lot of YouTube followers! I'm sure they're all enjoying this.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice Ginny, good atmosphere. I like the artwork too. Well done.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    An astonishing example of how to create much with a minimum of means. Very mystical mood, and without all the foggy reverb Clannad needed for that.

Of course, you know perfectly well that Stonehenge and Callanish preceded the Celts by at least 1000 years , and good on you, because imagineering has been a Celtic tradition since the first warrior bragged about all the enemies he killed with his sword in one hand while he fixed dates with their wives with his smartphone in the other...
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Wonderful music Ginny!
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Amazing arrangement. Clear tone of the mandolin, Ginny. And driving rhythm of the accompaniment.
  9. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you for you kind comments. It is so nice to see some of you back here..Simon I was getting worried you'd been picked up by your local police for riding your bike.
    Bertram you kill me. My husband had said..someone is going to call you out on Stonehenge..and I said...I googled Celts and it came up..so ...good for you.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I dimly remember an Alan Stivell album with Stonehenge on the cover. Everybody associate neolithic sites with Celts because they share geographic locations. And everything neolithic is a first rate key to mysticism - you can feel it everywhere in Orkney, for instance. I guess Celts felt that as part of their heritage because it was all there at the time, and they didn't count years, they counted events. So it all belongs together in memory, if not in science.
  11. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Very professional production and beautiful tone of your mandolin. Brava.
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Bertram - I'm a sucker for a pretty picture - but a love of history is something you and John share.
    Thank you Pierpaolo.