Week #459 ~ Miss MacMurray

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Here is my version of this lovely Carolan tune. I'm using chords I found online, uploaded here.

I'm playing this as a duet on OM and mandolin, both Mid-Missouri instruments. OM starts on melody over mandolin arpeggios, swapping over on the repeat.

Pictures from Connemara.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Mid-Missouri M-111 octave mandolin

Martin
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely arrangement and delivery, Martin, and thanks for posting the arrangement elsewhere on the site - I have used the chords you posted.

Played on octave mandolin with guitar backing on two tracks, one using capo at 5th fret to get different voicing for the second guitar. Melody recorded via Tascam DR-05 then loaded into REAPER so that the guitar tracks could be recorded. Rendered to mp3 format for posting on Soundcloud.

4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff the both of you!
  5. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Nice, both!
  6. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Actually the video Barbara posted is David Hansen's version which is also wonderful. A beautiful tune played so great by all 3.
  7. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Thanks Don, the concertina drowns out the mandonator on that track so I must have been mistaken for a concertina player.

Here's a link to Miss MacMurray as an "other" tune:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...691&do=discuss

Check out Dusty Amps version in that thread.
  8. mandoween
    mandoween
    Wow, this tune is gorgeous. Great playing, everybody!
  9. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Don Grieser wrote: "... Actually the video Barbara posted is David Hansen's version which is also wonderful. ..."

You're right! I hadn't actually listened to that video until today (my bad! I didn't know it was by one of us Song-a-Week folk), I just went straight to the written notation.

Great playing from David.

David Hansen wrote: "... Here's a link to Miss MacMurray as an "other" tune:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...691&do=discuss

Check out Dusty Amps version in that thread.
    "

Fine versions there!
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser

Inspired by DustyAmp's solo version.
  11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Very tasteful arrangement, Don. Great blend of solo and double stops.