Ride On

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Written by Jimmy MacCarthy and made famous by Christy Moore, this song has haunted our sessions over the years. Time to make a recording.

A happy new year to all of you from Regina!
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A fine duet, folks. Good to see you posting again Bertram, and great to hear Regina in such good voice. Happy New Year to both of you.
  3. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's wonderful, great work from both of you. Tune sounds dark and menacing.
  4. John W.
    John W.
    Nice…captures the mood created by both MacCarthy and Moore in their versions.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Gents.
    I wondered about that "dark and menacing" thing - it's in a minor key, yes, but to me it's mostly mysterious - that secret MacCarthy keeps to himself: what is the song all about? 42? No, doesn't fit the question.
  6. bbcee
    bbcee
    Really fine, Bertram & Regina.
  7. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely
  8. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    You two really got it on this performance! Between Reginas' soulful delivery and your solid backing, you have a moving piece here.
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Amazing! Really professionally sung, played and produced, well done. Like listening to a CD. We on SAW are so lucky!
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Very fine in every way, Bertram and Regina. Thank you for posting it here.
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Both so beautiful with a haunting melody as Moore is so famous for. You guys make a great team.
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thank you all, Ladies and Gentlemen
  13. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great feeling performed with amazing perfection. Thanks for this gem, Regina and Bertram!
  14. bbcee
    bbcee
    P. S. Bertram, what is the make of your tenor resonator? You may have given me a case of TGAS. It’s excellent in combination with your OM.
  15. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Nice work!
  16. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Wonderful performance. Thank you.
  17. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    bbcee, that's from Royall (in Santa Barbara CA), built in the style of a '29 Dobro.