Winter Lochan (An original composition)

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I was out taking photographs this week of Loch Loskin, the beautiful wee loch very close to my home, and thought that it merited a tune to go with the pictures. Loch Loskin is already famous through the pipe march "Lochanside" composed by Pipe Major John McLellan (I have previously posted versions of some of his tunes here in the SAW group). He lived here in Dunoon and was a frequent visitor to the lochan.

Here is my offering, which was forming in my head while I was taking my photos. Mandolin, octave and guitar are the instruments used.

2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    LOVE this song,John !! Your skills inspire me. Beautiful song - and if that's what you call winter, clean out your spare room. Guest arriving...drats..Covid !
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Winter outside and a musical box on the mantelpiece.
    I am sure there's something I've forgotten
  4. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Very nice John. Beautiful.
  5. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    You do have a flair for composition, excellent tune and playing.
  6. Bren
    Bren
    Very nice John.

And today I learned that Lochanside was composed for Loch Loskin!
  7. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Lovely. Thank you for sharing.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Beautiful photos and self composed music, fine video John!
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely tune and lovely photos!
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice, John, though to my ears it does sound like quite a warm winter.
    Thanks for sharing.
  11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, all. Great, as always, to get feedback from fellow players I admire in their own right.
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Inspiration blessed you richly with this one, John. You have created a gem of a melody here. It does sound like a song, but I won't volunteer to write any lyrics for it. I've only ever lived in the Sassenach parts of the British Isles, and my words just wouldn't sound Scottish enough.
  13. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    A beautiful melody to go with those fine photos, John. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  14. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, Dennis and Don. Kind words indeed.
    Great to see the SAW Group so active at the moment. It is providing a lifeline for so many of us in the present climate.
  15. Callum Murray
    Callum Murray
    Lovely composition, John
  16. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful composition with us. It’s a pleasure to listen to your playing as well as to watch the landscapes.
  17. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, Callum and Frithjof.
  18. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    My kinda place and Really love your tune. Beautiful John