Pinkie Work

1. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I have a new hero. Watch how efficiently Jordan Ramsey uses his left hand pinkie!

I love it.

Excellent illustration of cross-picking in there, too.
  2. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    When I first realized that I need to seriously work on my pinkie dexterity, I simply wrote a short piece for myself that relied heavily on the pinkie - and then played it countless times until the pinkie use became second nature. The 'pinkie piece' can be seen in the second half of this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNRj-fDIbFk
  3. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Jordan is insanely good on the mandolin. I got lost in his YouTube channel last year after he won that contest.

Mike, nice work.
  4. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    FFcP worked really well for me and to help increase pinkie use. I played FFcP for 3 weeks straight for hours a day, my pinkie was like raw and was painful to use at some points, but it helped so much.

And that tune was awesome. Both Jordans and Mikes. Mike I'm not sure you're a beginner, because your playing is outstanding
  5. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    [Mike I'm not sure you're a beginner, because your playing is outstanding]

Okay, mom - stop hanging out in my favorite websites and trying to post anonymously!
  6. Swimbob
    Swimbob
    Is it just me or did he actually only place his pinky on the finger board like twice in that entire video? Not saying he's not excellent and way better than I'll ever be but it looked to me like he slid his ring finger into the places I would have tried to use my pinky and had his tucked.
  7. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    i don't think he used his pinkie at all.
  8. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Should have used the :sarcasm: emoji with that OP