Article about the Song a Week Social Group

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Scott Tichenor, head honcho of the Mandolin Cafe, contacted me a few days ago, wanting to do a feature article on the Song A Week Social Group.

You know me, I'm pretty long winded (haha), so he says that I've written enough, but he asked if I could get a couple of short quotes from a couple of members about their experiences with the group? Say 2-3 sentences maximum from each? He said he'll probably just use quotes from 2 members.

Anyway, if you have something to say about the Song a Week Social Group, please reply here (short and sweet!), and I'll forward them on to him, to take his pick

He's thinking next Tuesday for publishing this as that lets us feature Mandolin Mondays.
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I 'll just say The SAW group is not a competition. You don't learn how to win, you learn that winning is what comes naturally if you let it happen.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    The SAW group has offered amazing new opportunities for me since joining several years ago. It is great to hear the variety of tunes that folk select and especially to hear all the very fine versions of those tunes. It also gives us a reason to record our contributions and even to collaborate with others over huge distances.The contributors have all become part of a large, musically-motivated family and their comments are always very positive and encouraging.
    All credit to Barbara for keeping it going all this time.
  4. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    If you post videos, the group is a great way to develop your skills, especially if you do it regularly. It gives you motivation to learn new tunes, but you also get encouragement and inspiration from the other members - it's a bit like having a family, but one that actually likes hearing you play, and even joins in.