Snow Drift Waltz

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This waltz is by Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni, from her 2012 collection "Evelyn's Waltz Book for Contra-Dance Band", adapted from two Scottish waltzes. Evelyn's notes are:

"I concocted “Snow Drift Waltz” one hot summer day in Texas by taking themes from William Findlay’s “The Snow Drift Valses, Nos. 1 and 2,” putting them in minor keys, and tying them together with winter memories. Findlay was born in Crofthead, Linlithgow, Scotland, in 1854. His Snow Drift waltzes were published in a set of three in Ernst Köhler’s Violin Repository, vol.2 (p. 177). The original tunes are in D major and G Major."

I have played Evelyn's quartet arrangement on two mandolins, mandocello and tenor guitar.

1921 Gibson Ajr mandolin (x2)
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Another video re-record of a tune from our reportoire folders. This is an original waltzes by Evelyn in D minor and G minor. I've recorded it as a mandolin quartet on two mandolins, tenor guitar and mandocello.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin (x2)
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

Martin
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Two very nice recordings of this waltz , Martin. I like the live video a little more.
    Obviously you had a great recording day yesterday - with Torna a Surriento in the other thread.