Natsvals (The Night Waltz)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is another waltz from Denmark, written in 1995 by Keld Nørgaard Kristensen. The score is here:

https://www.spillefolk.dk/nodesamlin...f?t=1179771813

Played on two mandolins and tenor guitar.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin (x2)
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

There are two more live versions on Youtube here and here.

Martin
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You played this waltz very well, Martin. When the lockdown is over you are more than ready to perform live with your group.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, Frithjof.

I think I've overdone it on posting new Danish waltzes yesterday -- four at once is a bit overwhelming. All great fun to play, though. I didn't intend for all four recordings to be ready the same day: the videos for two of them were recorded two weeks earlier, at the same time as Spelmansmorgon and Josephine's Waltz, but I've only just got around to add the accompaniment and harmony parts.

Spillefolk is an amazing resource, with no end of discoveries to be had.

Martin
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Beautiful waltz, and very well played, Martin. You have indeed created a sudden burst of posts on the one day, and I will get round to listening to the others too. The Spillefolk resource is indeed a great find.
  5. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Lovely. Thank you for the link.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, John and Michael. I think this tune has a bit of a soothing lullaby quality, in keeping with the name. I hadn't listened to the two Youtube versions before recording mine, but they are fairly similar in tempo and feel to how I played it.

Martin