Fiona's Fairy Glen

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This is an original composition I wrote back in August after a walk in Glenbranter, a lovely area a few miles from my home. We were descending from a higher level in the glen above the trees and took a diversion through a lovely bit of old, mature woodland and one of us commented that it would be a perfect place to find fairies! The title borrows the name of one of my two walking companions on the day, as I liked the alliterative sound.

Instruments are mandolin, octave and guitar, and the pictures are from Glenbranter.

2. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    That's a great, lively tune John, the fairies will be dancing in the beautiful glens of Alba.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Great work, John, both the music and the pictures! The playing is excellent as usual, but those images of green forest are just what I needed today.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely tune John with lots of free flowing woodland spirit energy.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I hope you left a cookie for the fairies, John, or else you'll sprain your ankle next time you go there
    I'll say this is a hornpipe, and its first bar faintly reminds me of Off to California
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Beautiful sound and pictures, John. The music matches a nice, happy stroll through the woods.
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    The music makes me want to take a walk in these woods too.
    Fine composition and playing!