A Rainy Day

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I wrote a new mandolintune called "A Rainy Day".
    My friends Johanna and Wopke helped me to complete this arrangement. Wopke played percussion and Johanna did the banjo part. I love what they did with it.
    Below the fotograph from my garden on my weblog you'll find link for the mp3, sheetmusic and even tabs!

http://luurtieful.blogspot.nl/2018/05/a-rainy-day.html
  2. bbcee
    bbcee
    Wonderful melody and arrangement, Hendrik. I like how the instruments "hand off" to each other. Nice, brisk, tempo.
  3. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Nice composition and recording, congratulations.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You certainly have a way with the tunes, Hendrik. Super composition and arrangement, and a great combination of instruments here.
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Another winner, Hendrik, great stuff. Thanks for sharing once again.
  6. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks to you all. If you like any of my tunes, please don't hesitate to use any of it for your band or something else. There's nothing nicer than hearing someone else playing your homemade tunes
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    It has that bittersweet feeling you get when the clouds are weeping on your behalf
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You certainly develop your own style, Hendrik.
    This tune should become a regular in my personal tune book.
  9. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for all the compliments Frithjof and Bertram.
  10. crisscross
    crisscross
    Soundsgreat! I especially like the surprising chord at 0:33.
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Really nice as usual, Hendrik! The A part reminded me of Chad Fadely's "Woodford Downs", my favourite tune in the American style. When I'm older and better at mandolin, I'll try to learn both his tune and yours.