It Hurts Me Too

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I know... But I'm on an unexplainable roll. This ones even differenter. I took my Tacoma M3 out for some love and put octave strings, ala 12-string, on the G and D pairs. Then decided to try another blues for a fellow Cafe member over on the main line. Michael P.; I bet this would be cool with your alternate tunings. Thanks for the listen!
  2. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Hey, that's very cool. Well done. I'll think I need to check this tune out...
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You are certainly on a roll with those bluesy numbers, Frank. Another really fine performance played with feeling. The pictures add such a peaceful vibe to your playing.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great playing, nice tone, and good to hear blues, Frank.

The tone reminds me of when a journalist made fun of Skip James one time mocking him for using a guitar tuned in Em.
    The journalist said, ‘Why do you tune your guitar all funny?’
    Skip James gave him a puzzled look, picked up the guitar and strummed it once, a full, rich E minor chord, he hummed an E note and then shook the guitar as the chord faded away.
    He said, ‘You deaf or something?
  5. Bren
    Bren
    Lovely, Frank.

A Tampa Red original I believe but I know it from Elmore James.

Assorted Rolling Stones with Ry Cooder did a mash up of It Hurts Me Too with Bob Dylan's Pledging My Time in 1969 on Jamming With Edward.

Reminds me of many such tunes, including Trouble in Mind (my favourite is Bob Wills' Tiffany version) and Keys to the Highway.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Heard this song first time on the Europe 72 GD triple album sung by Pigpen.
    It supriess me how bluesy an instrument can be the mandolin the right hands, well done, Frankdolin!
  7. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks so much! Nice story Simon, I had not heard that. I don't think there's hardly any American music not touched by the Blues, Thank Goodness!
  8. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Frank. I'm sure enjoying these "differenter" sounds.