The Great North Run / Huntsman's Chorus

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Here is the latest collaboration between Ginny and me. Ginny suggested the two tunes, both new ones to me, and e-mailed mp3s of her playing both tunes on her mandolin. I added octave and guitar tracks and edited our efforts to have mandolin and octave swapping lead and also playing in unison. It was a very enjoyable exercise, and finding two new tunes was a bonus.

We decided that this time we might both do a separate video of the finished collaboration. Mine features my little waterfall (seen in other videos) and some shots of Castle Stalker in Appin in North Argyll.

As The Great North Run is a tune by accordionist Robert Whitehead celebrating the world's biggest half marathon held in the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne area in England, I thought running water might fit the bill, and the location of Newcastle gave me the idea of including a very old castle!

I am sure Ginny will have graphics well up to her usual high standard.

+
  2. Brian560
    Brian560
    Thoroughly enjoyable and up to your usual high standards John and Ginny. All of those instruments work well together and someone did a great job mixing them.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    John did a great job of playing and putting these two together. We were just going to do the just the first one and the he suggested another of similar values and I thought of The Huntsman's Chorus - mostly because I had recorded it and had actually sent it to John a year or so ago, and it fit the bill..but we never used it. Always good to hunt through the old music files. My brother does Iron Man competitions and the swimming part always looks like a piranha feast, it is amazing. I'll post mine in a bit.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Two lighthearted tunes, though with "North Run" I somehow strongly associate Highland Park, and then only the middle cut of the run, of course.
    Those huntsmen seem to be a bouncy bunch, tiptoeing through the tulips rather than shooting.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really enjoyed this one thanks Ginny and John, yes it does sound like those people are having a fun time of it.
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks Ginny and John. Your music at breakfast brought me in good spirits to start my day.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, all, from both of us. Looking forward to Ginny's now - same soundtrack but with her distinctive visuals, I'm sure. No pressure, then, Ginny!
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ginny?
    I’ve been waiting all day!
  9. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Nice collaboration and recording. Congratulations to you both.
  10. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

The Great North Race + The Huntsman's Chorus
    I chose the magical visual trip of the Northern Lights (or whatever you call them where you live) John and I swapped instruments and ideas to come up with this. Mine is a tiny bit different but nothing that you would prob notice.
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I posted early so all the 'other side of the ocean' people would get this stuck in your head before you go to bed.
  12. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You chose very nice visuals for your video, Ginny. Running and dancing Northern Lights (Polarlichter).
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Interesting that the two videos have different feel to them though they share the same soundtrack, Ginny. Lovely pictures you have collected for this version.
  14. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    i like the flowing river in yours John and I like the colour in mine..maybe we can find a colourful flowing river.
  15. Brian560
    Brian560
    Nice presentation Ginny !
  16. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very colourful Ginny, I watched John’s for breakfast, yours for supper.
  17. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Wrapped in your orange 'nest'?
    Thank you Brain...and Simon. And John and Frithjof.