Katyusha and Korobeiniki

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Two Russian folk songs. I believe the second is also called Korobochka...

2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Классно!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I like this..and I say the same as Christian..Bless you.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Спасибо!
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Two great tunes, well played! I tried Katyusha once, when I wasn't ready for it. Maybe I should try again because I love this melody.
  6. Brian560
    Brian560
    Nice,well played
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS

Dennis it is a lovely stirring song, though I found it really difficult to learn.
    I think it’s because there are a quite a few different versions in my head and also because it’s in F, well C I think, with the capo. But it’s in F/Dm or maybe D harmonic minor fingering which for some reason always makes me think of Gm fingering...

I guess I didn’t really stop to work out the theory side of it, being blocked by the key of F.

I thought of transcribing both of them to Am.

I’ve just found an old French song book in our collective bookcase outside the postoffice next to my apartment. I guess with all the windows open because of the heatwave one of the neighbors or tavern frequenters was getting tired of hearing Russian songs repeated over and over!
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Simon! "Katyusha" is widely sung in German to a completely different text as "In dem dunklen Wald von Paganowo", and that's how I first learned it. I recorded the tune almost ten years ago on my Gibson:

Martin
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Very evocative tunes, both of you. Well played too.