Groups

View All Random Groups

View All Recently Updated

• Tyler White Mandolins

This group is for owners & fans of instruments built by Tyler White of Bloomington, IN

Last Activity: Yesterday 2:24pm

6 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    White #9
  • The Song-A-Week Social Group

Welcome! Every week we'll have a new Tune of the Week. This will be a great way to learn new tunes, show off skills, & see others at work. All skill levels & genre are welcome! Please note, while we have a new tune each week, this isn't a contest. Please browse through the Table of Contents, & learn, comment on, or submit your video, regardless of when it was originally posted.

We also accept tunes other than the Song of the Week. If you've got a favorite tune, please submit it, with the name of the tune as the subject of a new discussion.

Start by finding & reading the post "New to Our Social Group? ~ Read Me First!"

We have three 'TABLE of CONTENTS' discussions with links to the discussions. I try to keep these on the first page of discussions. There is a discussion called "Poll Tune Suggestions" where you can suggest tunes for me to add to the poll.

You can find the weekly poll in the regular forum part of the Cafe, under "Song and Tune Projects"

Category: Miscellaneous
    Last Activity: Yesterday 12:08pm

1,432 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Caledonia
  • Strad-O-Lin Mandolins

A group for those interested in Strad-O-Lin and Strad-O-Lin Genre mandolins. We may not know who made them but we know we like them. This is the largest repository of Strad-O-Lin information on the web.

Last Activity: Yesterday 11:55am

274 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Just got this 1935!
  • Mandolin players in Ireland!

Mandolin players who live in Ireland &/or who simply enjoy playing Irish Music on their Mandolin, might enjoy this group.

Perhaps we can help raise the profile of the wee Mandolin in Ireland!

After all, so many musicians, here in Ireland, actually learn to play the Mandolin before going on to play other, louder instruments, like Fiddle & Tenor Banjo, but I'm sure many are still played at home.

We need to encourage more folks to start taking them out to sessions!

Last Activity: Yesterday 8:24am

31 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Where are you?
  • Celtic Mandolin Players

A group for the Mandolin players of the celtic regions in the world such as Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. All welcome :)

Last Activity: Yesterday 8:24am

112 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Jigs
  • Collings Mandolins

Here's a group for fans of Collings mandolins

Last Activity: Apr-18-2018 11:02pm

234 member(s)
  • Newbies

This is a group for all of you like me who are new to the mandolin.

Last Activity: Apr-18-2018 6:20pm

1,166 member(s)
  • Phoenix Phans

For owners and admirers of Rolfe Gerhardt and Jenny Warner's wondrous creations.

If anyone has questions for the luthiers, the word is they've got an eye on this group, so ask away.

Last Activity: Apr-17-2018 9:40pm

55 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Bad News Case!
  • Tenor Banjo Lovers

It had to happen.... You know you're out there!

Last Activity: Apr-17-2018 2:00pm

123 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    Anna Magdalena in Dublin
  • The Woodshed Study Group

It's a good thing to "woodshed" - to study music and practice your instrument in isolation. But there's a lot of value in comparing notes, and working together with others through a course of materials as well. This group works its way through some of the popular curriculum for playing mandolin. The idea is to choose a curriculum, work our way through it with lesson assignments, share our progress, and when we finish with one curriculum we'll choose another. I'm your host for leading the group studies, but I'm not a teacher, just a fellow student seeking to advance by working through the materials and sharing with others.

Welcome to the Woodshed!

Last Activity: Apr-16-2018 8:48pm

55 member(s)
    Latest Discussion:
    And on the lighter side ...