A little bluster, a little bravery

1. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    ... goes a long way sometimes. I decided to "put myself out there" recently. On Thursday I made a "live" recording of my first attempt to improvise on a jazz standard out in the main forum. Then Saturday, I went out and performed live for the first time in almost two years. My guitar skills were very rusty, my voice went hoarse in the middle of a couple of songs, and I played and sang two numbers with just the mandolin while a friend I hadn't seen in about three years played uke bass.

Well, it was some raw stuff, but I didn't let it bother me, I was able to stay relaxed and keep the crowd on my side, and actually got a few fans as a result.

I guess the lesson I'm trying to learn (still) is to relax, be yourself, and don't let your own shortcomings frustrate you in situations where you're "on the spot" so to speak.
  2. Sleet
    Sleet
    It's great to hear about your success. Now you've found some fans other than us in the Newbies!
  3. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I am with envy.

It's all about getting all the butterflies to fly in formation, right?
  4. choctaw61
    choctaw61
    I'm with Sleet and Hank.Long as Ur being Mark Gunter,Well brother that's plenty good enough for me!! Appreciate ya Mark. Ur a blessing to some of us.
  5. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Mark, I bet you can hardly wait for the next opportunity to do this again!

And, Henry, what can I say about your new look? Is it true it's not easy being green?
  6. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Way to go, Mark!

I think Hank is turning into a frog -- he needs a beautiful princess fast!
  7. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Henry is changing into the Incredible Hulk in that photo, don't let him fool ya.