A Waltz For Kylin

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This waltz was written by Scottish accordionist Dougie Hunter and as far as I can see has not featured at any time here, which seems a shame as it is a lovely composition.
    I recorded it on mandolin, octave, guitar and piano and added in the flower pictures from my garden, taken over the past few weeks while restricted to home grounds.

2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is very beautiful John. Lovely pictures of your gardens too.
  3. bbcee
    bbcee
    What a nice tune, John! Thanks for sharing. Really like your smooth arrangement as well (not in the smooth jazz sense )
  4. Leo37
    Leo37
    Absolute beautiful, John. Its an atmopherical highlight. I've looked for an accordion recording at YT, but didn't find.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, all. Leo, here is a link to someone playing the tune on accordion on YT:https://youtu.be/JmHMJR7V6zY

Hope this opens for you. There are other versions too.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice John, this is a catchy tune.
    It’s funny, I often make a cup of tea, sit down comfortably and sigh a deep breath as I begin listening to your vids, lovely flowers too.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Ah, Simon, you say the nicest things. I often make a cup of tea, get into a comfortable playing position and take a deep breath before I start recording.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for this amazing arrangement, John. And the images of the flowers are beautiful too.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fine playing,tune and pictures
  10. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Wonderful music and photos. Thanks John.
  11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, F, C and D. Great to see the group so active at present. The prevailing virus-dominated social situation has certainly been giving us quite an impetus to play and produce music, but it will be great when we get back to live playing once again.
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Totally missed out on this one. Mesmerizing. Hammer-on Paradise, apparently.