In My Father's Footsteps

1. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    It's been below zero a lot here in Iowa. I've been staying inside and trying to get a handle on multi-tracking, among other things. Every time I learn something new, it's just enough to push me beyond what I can actually manage. For example, I discovered this week that for months I have, without realizing it, had Apple Logic Pro set to write recorded audio 1/8th note ahead of the beat. If I hadn't finally solved that, I was about ready for a trip to the neurologist. (No, this is not a joke.) But someday, I'm going to have this down!

2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Amazing paying and sound! Obviously you handle the multi-tracking and your video software very well, Mike. It looks like you have a lot of fun playing your instruments.

OTOH, these little problems with software can shatter your nerves for sure.
  3. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Mighty fine, Mike. Cool harmony part. Sounds like the multitracking is coming together. Really nice.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Ah, the joys (and frustrations) of modern technology, Mike. You are certainly getting those latest multi-tracking videos working really well. As you say, there are small steps of progress then we seem to have regressed, then something clicks and we are on the right track again. Keep them coming.
    Oh, very fine playing too!
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    That is really very impressive, the playing as well as the multitracked video! I have still not had the energy to figure out a good method for shooting video footage of my backing tracks as well as the lead/melody playing, but it looks like you're well on top of that!

Martin
  6. bbcee
    bbcee
    I first heard this on the Harmonic Tone Revealers album. Well-played (and multitracked), Mike!
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a really good-looking video as well as excellent picking!