Knucklehead Nellie

1. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
  2. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Pretty nice. You have been working on your tremolo somewhere out of sight and sound, I can tell. It sounds great.
  3. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Thanks Henry. I was practicing with a thick, rounded Wegen this morning when I recorded that. I think I get a better sounding result with pointier picks on tremolo, like the JTPix.

OTOH, I recently piddled around with a V-Pick Big Fattie that (IIRC) Sherry C gave me, it seems to be about a meter thick - and I found it easy to tremolo with, though the sound is worse than the Wegen for tremolo. It's a never ending song with me and the quest for tremolo.

P.S. - I just checked, and the big fattie is 5.85 mm thick ... a tad less than a meter (1k mm) and could be a useful weapon if you throw it in a banjo player's eye. https://v-picks.com/shop/big-fattie/
  4. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    why are you throwing things at Henry?
  5. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hey, don't be pointing that thing at me.
  6. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    I meant to say, throw it in a politician's eye.
  7. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    The scratchy sound of v-pick big fattie

8. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    yikes. that thing could be major shrapnel.
  9. bbcee
    bbcee
    Mark, your tremolo has indeed improved. I was impressed by the doublestop tremolos you did, I find them quite tough.

Also, your chord melody playing is excellent! And Hank's right, that pick is one serious piece of ordnance.
  10. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    I don't think Nellie is a knucklehead at all—she sounds perfectly lovely! As does your tremolo. Just don't give yourself carpal tunnel problems lifting that humungous pick!
  11. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Mitzi Gaynor wasn't a knucklehead, I agree on that. I like the music in South Pacific alot and recently decided to find the score and practice sight reading, having a blast with it already.

YouTube has a couple clips of her screen tests.