Raccoon In The Attic (jig)

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    I thought I'd look up a little back history for this jig and learned nothing other than another way to tell if you have raccoons in the attic is to look—or sniff—for scat. Raccoons will use one area of your attic as a latrine, rather than leave feces all over the place.

So there ya go!

TABS available at my website.
  2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great playing and togetherness of mandolin and guitar, pluckinstrings!
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Good stomping rhythm, and the chords suggest a very positive attitude about raccoons, it seems (OTOH rats are behaving in a similar way - they are smart and know how to organize cleanliness, so raccoons may be there or they may not).
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Jason - the timing of this couldn't be more perfect. We currently have a 'stoned' raccoon in our yard - from eating wild mushrooms. We are watching out for him as he is in a vulnerable position re: prey. I got a video today (day 2 ) - he comes right up to me to eat an orange and then tries to climb my leg with his pointy little claw feet. Yesterday he was so boomed - he was like staring at his paw in the air for 15 minutes, then sleep in the sun..it is great fun . Just say NO to drugs !!
    But a huge YES to Jason for another great tune. You do find the cool songs, Jason ! I'll find you on Facebook tonight.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely, outstanding tune, and nice balance between the instruments Jason, well done.

Ginny, yes they tend to eat whatever they find, it could also have been food contaminated with rat poison?
    And don’t they have a habit of freezing when surprised or filled with fear?
    Maybe the little guy had some of that?
    -Did you do anything surprising or fearful to him Ginny?
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Simon, well he likes me better than he likes my husband. So, there's that ! (lol)
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    He probably just prefers your socks.
    Racoons are funny like that.
  8. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely foot tapper of a tune, well played
  9. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Well played, Jason. Nice arrangement and balance between your instruments.