Northsea Shuffle

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Every now and then I come up with a new original tune I've been workin' on. I called this one a shuffle, I don't know if it's technically a shuffle. If it's not, then it's about humans being shuffled on a boat with stormy wether.

You can find all my homemade tunes on my weblog. This is the link to the tune were you can also find the sheetmusic and the mp3.

http://luurtieful.blogspot.nl/2018/0...a-shuffle.html

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great tune, Hendrik. You write some really memorable music and play the tunes so well too. Will be adding this one to my list of tunes I wish I had written!
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I can only recommend Luurtie's Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/luurtieful - lots of great playing and great compositions.

Do you have a rough estimate of how many takes of recording you have done in your life? I admire the relaxed competence in your playing, which I consistently fail to emulate except when playing just to myself!
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Elegant and comforting.

However, I disagree about the boat with stormy weather, because
    - this has a definite American feel to it, i.e. landlocked and continental, where means of transportation expressed in music are steadily moving horses, wagons, trucks or trains, but never boats.
    - with that in mind, it could never sound as comforting as it does, because boats in stormy weather require a constant supply of barf bags in my book.
  5. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    thats class Hendrik, hard not to be happy listening to that
  6. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Great stuff, really enjoyed that!
  7. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Nice composition and recording, congratulations and thanks for sharing.
  8. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    thanks for all those compliments! I know I say to myself I do it just for my own fun and to learn to write sheetmusic but all those nice words defenitely help me to stay motivated. Gelsenbury, I don't know how many hours of recording I've done the last years but all my unsuccessful recordings sometimes frustrate me a lot. Sometimes It takes me 30 times to get a reasonable recording with no failures, no phone ringing, no barking dogs, no kids running throug my recording room (for me that's the living room). I still think it's worth the effort to write new tunes and make recordings.
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hey, you should go to 'edit', and then advanced and change the name of this discussion to Northsea Shuffle (you have Nothsea)
  10. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Barbara, are you sure I can change the title of the discussion? I would like to do that, but I can't find a way to change it. Even in the advanced it seems not possible to do that.
  11. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I can do it for you!
  12. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks Barbara!
  13. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Beautiful work once again, Luurtie!