Saw Mountain String Band playlist...

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    I don't know if anyone would be interested in revisiting some tunes and songs from the past, anyway, here's a link to a playlist of all of the Saw Mountain String Band's efforts over the years. All of these are scattered throughout the Song A Week posts. I've found them very hard to find... kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. Just a reminder as to who we were. Marcy sang and played many different instruments including mandolin, fiddle, harmonica, dulcimer, jaw's harp and more. She was a long time member of the Song A Week Social Club and a brilliant mandolinist. Her husband Jeff played 5 string banjo, uke, upright bass and more. He sang as well. I'm Michael and I played mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass and sometimes fiddle on these recordings. I also sang. We were a virtual band (before that became a thing) and never actually met in person.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...SWE_jQIs5M366s

Here is a list of songs in the playlist: (I'll try to provide links to the original discussions as soon as I can find them.)

Whiskey Before Breakfast (Nov 2013)
    Nobody's Darling On Earth (Feb 2013)
    Deep Elem Blues (Jul 2013)
    Sail Away Ladies (Mar 2013)
    Cannonball Blues (Nov 2015)
    Back Up And Push (Recorded 2015, published Apr 2020)
    Wreck Of The Old 97 (Aug 2015)
    Cripple Creek Jun 2015)
    Columbus Stockade Blues (Dec 2013)
    More Pretty Girls Than One (Jun 2013)
    Pretty Polly (Apr 2014)
    As Time Draws Near (Nov 2013)
    Handsome Molly (Aug 2014)
    Girl From The Greenbriar Shore (Mar 2013)
    Feast Here Tonight (Rabbit In The Log) (Jun 2013)
    What Does The Deep Sea Say? (Oct 2014)
    Train On The Island (Aug 2015)
    The Lovers Farewell (May 2015)
    Run Mountain (Jan 2013)
    Shadow Falls (Apr 2013)
    Red Rocking Chair (May 2013)
    Train On The Island (Aug 2015)
    Been All Around This World (May 2014)
    Lonesome Road Blues (Jul 2012)
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I remember that you made the CD available a few years back on the site here, Michael, and I have it still on the computer here. It was a great compilation and you had a really good band going there. Thanks for reviving the memories. Wonder if Marcy and Jeff are still playing their music?
  3. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    I certainly hope so! They had so much talent between the two of them. And thank you John for all the great music you play for us.

Here is the link to download our album, Money In Your Shoe. It is in mp3 form and is entirely free and all the music is in the public domain.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n2s59...rShoe.zip/file
  4. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I've always been sort of tempted to recreate the Song A Week group in another website just because it gets so little love from the technical resources of the Cafe software. But perhaps there's something to be said for the folksy ephemeral ambience that the complete absence of usable search and cataloging tools creates.
  5. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    It's the same feeling I get searching through my stacks of records, cds and tabulature for that certain song or tune... I know it's in there some where, just have to keep looking...
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, I'm working on these links!

Whiskey Before Breakfast
    Nobody's Darling on Earth
    Deep Elem Blues
    Sail Away Ladies (within the discussion)
    Cannonball Blues
    Back up and Push
    Wreck of the Old 97
    Cripple Creek (within the discussion)
    Columbus Stockade Blues
    More Pretty Girls than One (within the discussion)
    Pretty Polly
    As Time Draws Near
    Handsome Molly (within the discussion)
    Girl from the Greenbriar Shore
    Feast Here Tonight (Rabbit In The Log)
    What Does The Deep Sea Say?
    Train On The Island (within the discussion)
    The Lover's Farewell
    Run Mountain
    Shadow Falls

I accomplished this by going to 'advanced search' and choosing 'group messages' and then typed in each title. Then, for kicks, I did the same typing in Saw Mountain String Band, and found these that weren't mentioned!

Red Rockin' Chair
    Angel Band
    Train on the Island (in the discussion)
    Been All Around This World (in the discussion)
    Lonesome Road Blues (in the discussion)
    Barlow Knife (in the discussion, before the named themselves)

and here's the link to the discussion about the album "Money in Your Shoe"
  7. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Wow! This is seriously incredible. Thanks for all your hard work, both on this discussion and all the other discussions you've made possible because of the Song A Week Social Club!
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Sterling work there, Barbara. I hope you have a really great New Year and thanks once again for being the guiding light of this great group. A slightly early Happy New Year to all our members in case I forget on Hogmanay, when I will be celebrating quietly with a lovely Highland Park single malt!
  9. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I can recommend the album!