The Bright Hollow Fog

1. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Today's experiment in multi-tracking. Could not get the camera angles to work in Final Cut. It's always something!

2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    lovely and peaceful, Mike. I don't see what's supposed to be wrong with the camera angles.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I agree with Bertram, Mike. Watching your guitar chords it might be that the guitar parts on video are VERY slightly behind the music, but the camera angles seem fine otherwise. The mandolin film and sound are absolutely accurate - something I regularly have trouble with! A good video showing fine playing of a very gentle melody. Did you have a separate sound recording that you replaced the camera sound with?
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds very nice, even if the guitar might be slightly behind the music, fine tone from your mandolin!
  5. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    “The Bright Hollow Fog” Version 2.0. Fixed some video and audio issues from Friday.

6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Beautifully done.
  7. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I really liked my Mike's version of this tune so I gave it a shot a month ago!!! but YouTube wouldn't let me post it for some reason so I'm trying again today.

8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Lots of Foggy songs these days. A symptom of being stuck at home, perhaps. Very nicely played by David and Mike. Why do these sound like The Foggy Dew?
  9. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Mike, a fine update there, and David, a lovely offering. I too think there are some note sequences in the tune that echo Foggy Dew, Ginny, as you say here.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I too hear vestiges of Foggy Dew in there, especially that "..sound its dread tattoo" seems to echo here and there. Fog has that feature of blinding our sight to what lies ahead and separating us from each other - yes, sounds familiar, too. Waiting for some wind to clear it.
  11. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Good version, David! Love the lead line. I really wish I knew how to play the concertina or whatever variety of box that is. What a great sound.
  12. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Two great versions of this foggy tune!