Sparrow on the Fence

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    After my "Northsea Shuffle" I finished another original tune called "Sparrow on the Fence".
    Can we call it a fiddle tune? I hope so..

https://luurtieful.blogspot.nl/2018/...-on-fence.html

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You've done it again, Hendrik. Great tune and so well played and arranged. I can picture a cheeky sparrow hopping along in perfect balance on that fence!
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Of course it's a fiddle tune, and one with an irresistibly strong rhythmic undertow. I picture a sparrow zigzagging between the feet of clog-dancers rocking the floor.
  4. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Another truly beautiful tune Luurtie! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice tune and great professionel picking, luurtie.
  6. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Great playing and recording. Congrats
  7. Brian560
    Brian560
    I like it !
  8. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Yes, indeed, that's a fine tune. Thanks!
  9. bbcee
    bbcee
    Catchy melody & a mature arrangement. Always look forward to your submissions Hendrik!
  10. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for all the compliments! I'm working on my next tune now

Here's a version I played on my old 90's Samick SM5 mandolin. It was my first F-Style mandolin. Solid woods but too heavy to resonate like my Prucha...

11. Bluegrasscal_87
    Bluegrasscal_87
    Wow, that was fun! Might have to learn how to play that one
  12. stevenmando
    stevenmando
    Wow what a great tune , where could I get the sheet music for that piece to learn it ?
  13. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for the compliments! Steven, you can find all my tunes with the sheetmusic on luurtieful.blogspot.com . Good luck!
  14. bbcee
    bbcee
    I like a person who's loyal to their instruments, even if they've been surpassed. I must say it sounds OK! Likely more to do with the player