Leaves of Grass - Gordon Lightfoot

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

A John Kelly/Ginny Aitchison collaboration. One of the lesser known Lightfoot songs but one John and I both liked. All instruments take a turn in the verse and chorus. I think this is the first time I did a solo on the octave. A ballad to the soldiers...the brave must fall to honour the names...Of the ones who have gone before..." (just in case you're wondering why there are poppies in the video.) - Thanks for watching. John and I are both posting it on our channels..so um...watch both - haha.
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great tone on that octave mandolin and clear accompaniment, thanks Ginny and John.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Ginny, great to be back with the duo again! We had a lot of fun making this one and the files flew back and forth across the ether till we got a final version which suited us both. Ginny sent me her octave and mandolin tracks and I then added guitar backing and the guitar chordal solo before combining her mandolin and octave for the final B part. Great fun trying to get all the tracks synced. The visual elements are all thanks to Ginny, and thanks too for suggesting this tune, one I did not know.
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I didn't know this tune either, but it seems to fit your style and repertoire quite well! Very nice playing and recording quality.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This tune is one of the lesser know ones - I didn't even get a copyright notice. (Yet?) Thank you for the comments. This one took John and i a little longer than necessary but i won't mention the telecaster he tried to sneak into it. Good try John, good try.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds great, I only miss the Telly!
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I took Ginny's advice and deleted the Telecaster tracks, Christian. She wanted it to be more acoustic (unplugged as they say nowadays) and since Mr Lightfoot is also Canadian I did what I was told. It came out well even without the tele.