Max and Lauri

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    I wrote this tune a few years ago right after I got my mandola from Max and Lauri Girouard so I named it after them. I finally got the tune recorded with my friend Gregg Daigle on guitar. It's on a recording we released last year. Gregg put this video footage to it and I think he did a great job on it.

The mandola has a bog cedar top and red maple back and sides. Such an inspiring instrument--I need to play it more often.

Key of C if you're playing along. Sorry, I don't have it written out, but I'll see if I can work on that if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGi...ature=youtu.be

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great tune, and great sound from that instrument, Don.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice tune Don, well played and the views are spectacular.
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I really enjoyed that Don. I found your channel and subscribed - I didn't know what it was called. Now I do. Love the sound and the trip - where is this view we are looking at?
  5. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks Ginny, I don't know where the video is from. Gregg got it from his nephew who does a lot of drone video of great nature scenes. I'll see if I can find out.

Thanks John and Simon!
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I was thinking, it sounds like a warm and friendly tune that you’d play around a cabin fire or camp fire, is there any way to edit a vid of people playing the music to a drone shot climbing up away?
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks, Don, for sharing this nice tune with us.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Optimistic and straightforward tune, Don. Something for rising in the morning.
    Had me thinking - if ever those batteries fail on the drone, how do you recover it?
  9. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    One of Gregg's relatives shot the footage so I have no idea on drones and changing the video. Gregg put it together.
  10. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great mandola and guitar sound and a nice trip.
  11. bbcee
    bbcee
    Great tune, Don, and that 'dola is the business!
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Yes, you do need to play that mandola more often. And please post all the recordings here!