New to the group

1. verbel
    verbel
    Hi all,

I've recently placed a order with Ken for a new Silverangel. I'm very excited about it, and can't wait to see how it turns out. I just placed the order not to very long ago so I think it will be a while. Discussing what you want with Ken is a very pleasant experience as well. I ordered a f style with a redwood top. I also have a violin that was made by Ken's brother that is a amazing instrument. So when I decided when I wanted a mandolin I decided to check the Silverangel out. I can't wait to play it.
  2. wildpikr
    wildpikr
    Welcome to the group. The mandolin will definitely be worth waiting for...at least mine was!
  3. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Welcome Verbel, to the Cafe and the Silverangel Social Group. You have definitely made the best choice in mandolins. Ken will probably keep you posted and the Cafe, as he likes to post photos as he goes along...sort of builds your suspense. Where are you located and what kind of music do you play?
  4. verbel
    verbel
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. I am new to the mandolin but have always wanted on so I decided to take the plunge. I typically play gospel music on the violin but have a strong interest in Bluegrass and Scottish music as well. I am from Iowa, but am currently living in Belgium. We haven’t been here for very long but it looks like we will be here for a few years at least.
  5. tburcham
    tburcham
    I think you'll be well pleased. Welcome to the Silverangel family.
  6. Mark Walker
    Mark Walker
    Hey Verbel - can't go wrong with a Silver Angel, especially for that price point! You get a tremendous amount of bang for your buck with Ken's mandolins! His brother Steve's fiddles are among the best around too! Keep us posted, and enjoy that Angel!
  7. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    I fall more in love all the time with 'Evangeline'. We're going to the Blackpot festival tomorrow! Great jamming there; Cajun, Celtic, Bluegrass, Old time, Folk............