J S Bach Siciliano(BWV 1031)

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Another tune from Johann Sebastian, this time no tobacco glorification, but a slow movement from Flute Sonata in E Flat Major, BWV 1031
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Fine playing on mandolin, Christian. For my taste you have no reason to hide your guitar playing this far in the background.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Beautifully played, Christian. The interplay between guitar and mandolin is excellent here. I am listening to the recording through good headphones just now and the balance seems just right.
  4. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Excellent Christian!
  5. John W.
    John W.
    Great playing of both instruments, Christian…which fit together beautifully.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Christian -- I like your guitar accompaniment! Did you arrange it yourself or did you use a published guitar arrangement?

I recorded the same piece two years ago, using a MIDI piano backing track I had generated with Musescore. This is a very satisfying piece to play on mandolin.

1898 Giuseppe Vinaccia mandolin
    MIDI Piano accompaniment

https://youtu.be/JMkNnfWN4-0

Martin
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Gentlemen. The guitar part is from the book Classics for Flute and Guitar by Jerry Snyder. The whole piece is transposed from g-minor to a-minor, to make the guitar part a little easier. Nonetheless there are some "fingerbreakers" in it.
    Great recording, Martin, the Vinaccia sounds very authentic.