Mandolunacy ( Original )

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Here's some thing reallly different for youz.
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    The music sounds down to earth and bluesy like the downstairs of a off-the-track nightclub. The video is making me dizzy or at least reaching for my glasses, which didn't help. Love the high pickin' notes and the improvisation I don't have the talent or imagination for.
  3. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Great idea and execution, I love playing the blues but I have never tried it on the mandolin, I may steal your idea.
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Blues mandolin is so cool! It's also so easy and hard at the same time. Easy 'cause we all know what a blues sounds like and can hear the phrases in our heads! And hard, because, if you're like me, you've got to hunt for the scales and positions. Then use tremolo for the long notes, and try to find some way to play the bent blues notes cause they lie between the frets...
    Awesome job!
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great bluesy instrumental!
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very inspirational Frank. Love those photos with the the relaxing blurred colours.
    Am going to have to practice blues scales and play to a I, IV, V7 backing track, something I don’t do enough.
    Thanks for the reminder.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Certainly something very different, Frank, though very enjoyable too. The guitar riffs are so bluesy too.
  8. bbcee
    bbcee
    I love the blues, but when I came over to mandolin from the guitar, I couldn't "hear" it in the instrument. You've really got it, it sounds just as it's supposed to. Great job.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I'll call it "Frank's Psychedelic Breakfast"
  10. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Christian, how do you even do that!!!
  11. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks folks! I'm really happy you guys liked this one.
  12. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Oh, did I mention that those action streaked, blurry, abstract photos are the icing on a very nice cake. Listening to your tune again I noticed that your tremolo is at least as expressive as David Grisman's... encore!
  13. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    How could I miss this recording? A true delicacy!!!
  14. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
  15. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Wow! That was amazing.
  16. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I believe I meant Frank, rather than Christian. Or I was anticipating???