Foxhunters Reel/Swinging on the Gate

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    It has taken me a while to get into recording again, mostly because of workload in the middle of a braindrain my employer currently undergoes (when you have solved six impossible problems before breakfast, you're not starting up Garageband to round it off, believe me). I am using a few quiet days of vacation to make up for it.

I have stumbled across a video of Mari Black's where she explains everything about the Foxhunters Reel, and I had heard it before in sessions (only the name I didn't know, you know how it is with names). I am pairing it here with Swinging on the Gate, a related sounding tune.
    If you thought playing the banjo would lead to the dark side, think again. I am deploying my new Strat-shaped electric tenor guitar, made by Mike Soares in Yonkers (ain't that bonkers?), New York.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice one, Bertram. Great to see (and hear) the flying fingers once again. I was wondering what had happened to your postings recently.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yay Bertram, hat-wearing musicians unite!
    Gallant playing, and cool picking with one of your brothers, nice to hear from you.
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    ZZ TOP playing a Reel. Good to have you posting again, Bertram!
    The electric tenor sounds fine, just the right amount of distortion.
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great performance and video mastering, Bertram.
  6. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    That's entertainment... yes sir! I like the look you gave yourself.
  7. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Amazing concentration! Loved the ZZ touch.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thank you all for your kind words.
    And an extra bonus point to Christian for being the first to notice Billy Gibbons
  9. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Enjoyed every second of it. Fabulous video and playing!
  10. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    brilliant Bertram
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yeh, I love the look of surprise at the end!
  12. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Don and Lawrence.
    And yes, I was totally confused when Billy disappeared into thin air, and I expected a hot rod to pass by...
  13. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I loved this performance, musically and creatively. Please bring Billy back some day.
  14. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    well, Ginny, many suspect that Billy is the real me, so I guess he's still around