A River Runs Through It

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

The beautiful and haunting music of Mark Isham from the popular movie " A River Runs Through It" and also includes In The Half Light of the Canyon.
    The longest and slowest songs I have posted to date. You might want to save it for nap time.
    Thanks, I hope you like it.
    I am playing my Northfield mandolin and Emory Lester is on guitar and recording.
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice Ginny, and as usual spectacular, emotionally interesting images to go with the tune.
    And anyway, I’ve been overdosing on chocolate so there’s no chance I‘ll fall asleep this side of Christmas.
    I wouldn’t be too concerned about the tempo though, it really is much harder to play slow than fast.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Very beautiful recording, Ginny. You let your mandolin ring out lovely.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A really lovely arrangement and super playing by both of you, Ginny. The backing is so right for the tune and that bass line of Emory's is such a great anchor to the two tunes. Photo choice also excellent. Must be one of your best productions to date.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you John, Simon and Frithjof. Is this a movie you know 'over there'? It is almost a cult classic here and I have read the wonderful prose of the author Norman Maclean.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Exceptionally dreamy, music and pictures merging into one (and a mandolin melody runs through it). Couldn't create a better nap
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Hi Ginny - the film and the book are both well-known over here (in Scotland certainly), though not one I have seen.
  8. Bad Habbits
    Bad Habbits
    Ginny - really nicely done. I had to listen to the tracks from the movie, as I am not really familiar with these songs, and I will say you and your guitar accompaniment captured the feeling and mood of these songs wonderfully. That is so often difficult to do with the mandolin - Great job.
  9. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you. The movie tracks played by a full symphony are hard to replicate with mandolin and guitar, so thank you Bad Habbits, I appreciate your compliments. John, I don't think Scotland's DVD players are the same as ours or I would send you a copy. Bertram, I like 'the melody runs through it'..ha, gotta remember that one. There is a picture of Brad Pitt playing the mandolin and I wanted to put it in the movie, but the quality of the picture wasn't good enough.
  10. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Your mandolin performs the nice melodies very lyrically, Ginny!
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Excellent, Ginny! That made me feel calm and reassured in these crazy times.