Week #97 ~ Billy in the Lowground

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Very nice, clean picking Ed. This is the way to go.

GK, nice picking too.
    If you don't mind the advice of an almost-rookie: try to get rid of your left-hand flying fingers. Keeping them closer to the fingerboard will ultimately increase your speed and synchronisation.
    John McGann has excellent advice on this on his webpage:
    http://www.johnmcgann.com/techtips.html
  2. Ryan Zerby
    Ryan Zerby

Every time I sat down to record the past few days, something happened... You can hear my wife on the phone in the background

I mispicked at the end of the first time through part B, but I'm very proud to say that I didn't fall apart.... This is the most coherent video by me, yet!

I've really been practicing to a metronome from the beginning, in an attempt to keep my speed DOWN, so I really pay attention. Without it, I tend to drift faster and sloppier... I think it's helped a lot.
  3. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Very nice Ryan. Sounding better all the time.
  4. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Very nice job Ryan, very nice!
    Good work!
  5. Bernd Bannach
    Bernd Bannach
    Good pickin Ryan and congratulations, the background noise did not disturb you while playing.
    Bernd
  6. jamann
    jamann
    It's been a while since I submitted anything and I've always liked this tune tune especially Frank Wakefield's version so here's my attempt at it. It was tough one to get through without too many flubbs. Hope you enjoy!

I've really enjoyed watching all the great submissions by everyone.

7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    jamann, good to see you posting again. Nice job. I really like Frank's version on the Kitchen Tapes and this seems like the version you're playing. Enjoyed it.
  8. etteM
    etteM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYR4Wl52vA I´m having a little trouble remembering the whole tune midway, so its a little patchy
  9. GHall
    GHall
    My daughter playing Billy in the Low Ground. A-5 Silverangel and Dirty 30s Recording King guitar.
  10. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    "Billy in the Lowground" & "Boston Boy."

11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great playing there Mike, I really like the bluesy sound you’ve given it.
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine picking once again, Mike.
  13. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    As Simon said: the blue notes are really fine (like the rest of the tune).
  14. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Thanks, friends. You are encouraging and kind. I posted this by way of trying out my alternate account. I tried to update an outdated email address I realized was in my provide and the change did not go well for me. But I registered anew with my new address and all is well -- though I might be appearing here in two slightly altered incarnations!
  15. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice to see you guys playing together GHall. Thanks for posting this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12