The Gardener’s

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    After Behind the Bush in the Garden, here’s The Gardener’s.
    (It’s yet another jig but there are pictures to go with it)
    Enjoy!

https://thesession.org/tunes/19639
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Really nice, Simon. Very agile. Some nice layers going on there too.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A cracking production, Simon. Lovely playing and arrangement.
  4. Brian560
    Brian560
    Simon, I agree with Ginny and John. It is a great presentation in every way.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    relaxing and friendly, but reminding me of having to prune a spoiled apple tree
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks fellow mandolinists, glad you enjoyed it.
    That apple tree sounds like a right hand and wrist exercise opportunity, Bertram, at one time I enjoyed going for hikes and pruning ‘wild’ apple trees.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Simon, you developed a very enjoyable and relaxed sounding playing style. And that within one and a half year. Thanks for sharing your recordings with us.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Now I’m intrigued Bertram, I wonder if it would be possible to do a one and a half minute vid for some music, just to show the personality of one apple tree?
    We had an orchard when I was young and I remember looking out at the trees in all weathers, at night, in snow, rain, drizzle.
    We would sit there and dream of harvest time when we could go out and pick the fruit.

Thanks Frithjof, I enjoy it too.
    -I did play earlier than a year and a half ago but it was just the two or three tunes repeated over and over, guitar style, full of mistakes. And tons of scales.
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I should also thank Dennis for his timely reminder of the importance of tone. That helped a lot on this tune.
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Brilliant, Simon!
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Dennis!
    The weather has now turned dreadfully cold and humid, dark outside at midday.
    And my Octave seems to have better, richer tone as a result.

Ahh, there’s always a silver lining.
  12. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Very fine recording, Simon. And nice garden pictures.
  13. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    great stuff Simon, just had a quick go at it there really nice jig.