Week #31 ~ Old Joe Clark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Daijoki
    Daijoki
    Here's my go at it.

2. Dean Fields
    Dean Fields
    Thanks for the posting instructions. This is my first nervous attempt at posting as well as playing mandolin in public. Barb, how do you smile while you are doing this?
  3. Dean Fields
    Dean Fields
    Barb, thanks for the instruction. I was copying the whole URL instead of behind the "=". For me this group is to mandolin what Garison Keiler describes for "Powder Milk Biscuits". It makes shy people get up and do what should be done (play in public). Thanks for all of your work as well as everybody on the site.
  4. Dean Fields
    Dean Fields
    OS, got the tab. Thanks alot.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Great job, all! Welcome to our new members, and new video posters! Thanks for the kind words... I really get as much out of this group as ya'll do, so it's a pleasure for me to try to keep it all together!
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Great to see you picking Dean. I enjoyed sean's and daijoki's too
  7. Dukaine
    Dukaine
    Late again. Here's my contribution hope this is close.
    Best,
    D.
  8. Eddie Sheehy
    I missed this one before and now I have to play it at a Contra Dance tonight...

9. jonny250
    jonny250
    I tend to play clinch mountin backstep and old joe together, i was going to post this video under the clinch mountain SAw but i dont think there is one, or i couldnt find it...
    so here's my take of clinch mountain and Old Joe Clark, on a mountain

10. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Hey, those do go well together Jonny, and really, really nice playing.
    We did have Clench Mountain way back on week 102. On these early weeks, so many older video clips have been deleted it's great to get current posts and bring them back up to the top.
  11. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Well played Jonny and top marks for getting the mandolin to the top of a mountain. Your camera operator got a bit blair witchy though, I'm feeling seasick.
  12. GHall
    GHall
    Just seems like yesterday me and my little girl learned this one - probably one of the first tunes any new mandolin player learns. She's come a long ways since those days
  13. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    So cool!
    Mr Hall and MandoGirl 88, that’s going to be a fun, worthwhile exercise to write out the tab and learn to play (try to) this tune.
    Many thanks.
  14. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    It was my first tune on mandolin, too. But mine stays a beginner tune for the eternity.
    Yours is a fully ripe bluegrass version. Congratulation!
  15. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Excellent playing Mr hall and MandoGirl 88 - lots of improv and ornamentation make it very professional. I watched your other vids on YouTube (and subscribed), I really enjoy your work MandoGirl.
  16. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Brilliant!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12