Polska från Hälleforsnäs

1. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    In a SAW not too far away we used to play an occasional Swedish tune, in keeping with that tradition I respectfully submit Polska från Hälleforsnäs, a really cool tune that is easy to play, the B part is identical to the A part except for the 1st measure. I was going to play it in the creek for Simon but as you will see in the video photos, my creek isn't as well kept as those in France. I played it on my deck between occasional showers on a Fletcher tenor guitar tuned GDAE, Wheatstone English concertina, Martin 1921 000-28K, Brice multi scale bass, and an Udu.

Here is a link to a PDF of the tune:https://app.box.com/s/ipfioz76h4vg49w6pdouwxhcndso95h8
  2. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    I've always loved your Swedish tunes. I actually discovered polska with your videos years ago.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great performance, David. That fan-fretted bass is a monster! Being a double bass player must be an advantage for you.
  4. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Great tune and great playing! Thanks for the PDF. We get to see your patio as well!

Martin
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Ha! What an explosion of merriment, dancing in the rain...
    That looks like a very vertical place, high among the trees. I half-expected Tarzan to swing by in the back.
    And it's one of those Scandinavian pieces with incomprehensible (to me) timing, awe-inspiring.
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Well, why don't we? No rule against Swedish tunes.

The real issue is that you've raised the bar so high that I'd probably rather listen and enjoy again rather than learn the tune! Well, if I had time.
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    So good, David. Really enjoyed it.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I speculated were all this energy came from… On the very end of your great performance I saw the wooden troll who were hidden behind your back. Then I understood!
  9. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Thank you all for your kind comments. John, the bass is really not the monster it appears to be, it very light and easy to play because you are not struggling to hold the heavy neck up while playing. Martin, you showed us your music room, I showed you my deck, tit for tat. Bertram you are definitely the most observant among us, there is virtually no level ground anywhere in my neighborhood, sorry but no Tarzan, if you look closely you may see a flying banana slug. Frithjof, the wooden troll is the stool I sit on when playing the guitar & udu and it does have magical properties.