The Balkan Hills

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thought I would take advantage of being indoors because of the adverse weather we are having here in Scotland at the moment, so I recorded one of my favourite pipe marches on my octave earlier today. Acoustic guitar backing. Two postings in the one day; I blame the weather!

2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    A fine version John, nice work
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Oh no, more homework.
    How on earth am I going to get my fingers to move like that?!

Fine example John, thanks.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Sounds just as refreshing as the storm, John. I trust that Icelandic low pressure system will produce more good music in days to come
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks to the storm.
    Very enjoyable recording, John.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice John. I hope you are safe and dry and not drifting down the river in your house.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks for encouraging comments, everyone.
    Ginny, if the Clyde managed to reach my house then a huge part of Scotland would be submerged, I think. I am physically very close to its shores on the Firth here, but high enough above tide levels to be safe (at present, anyway). Looking forward to all your next postings. The SAW group has been very active recently, so lets hope this continues.
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Perhaps the frequent postings are a result of the February blues that are relieved only by our music. I too have one almost ready. Hardest one I've ever done. Not too sure I am in love with it, look forward to your comments when it goes up. It's like a classical piece with a twist.