Celtic Rain

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

Celtic Rain written by Mike Oldfield is my Happy New Year song to you. I really hope you like it. I have it down to three and a half minutes (from five minutes) and it took a village to complete it in only three and a half months.
  2. crisscross
    crisscross
    The waiting time wasn't in vain! I didn't know the Mike Oldfield original, so I went to Youtube to listen to it.
    I like your version much better. Happy New Year to you too, Ginny!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    That is a great compliment CC. Thank you.
  4. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I agree with Chris, your version is better than the original, well done.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great stuff, Ginny. Visuals and melody go so well together, and a very different tune into the bargain.
    Lovely start to the new year!
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Wow..thank you. I liked the rather unique melody of this song but wasn't sure the mandolin could carry it so thank you for your comments. It was as we say...a labour of love, and starting from scratch and putting it all together was a valuable lesson in patience - haha. (no, seriously )
  7. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Nice recording, congratulations.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Wonderful recording Ginny, I really like the natural sounds and the images too. Thanks, and nice to see you posting.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    The intro sent me checking my bathrooms if any of the toilets were running again, but once that was settled I could enjoy this version which is indeed more complex and rich than Mike Oldfield's original - a true example of musical evolution.
  10. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Dusty and Simon, - and Bertram I KNEW someone (most likely you) would mention that !! And if you'd been here fiddling with the sound effect - yes, trips down the hall, as they say !! haha.