What'cha Got?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    I have been playing a 305 for over a year now. It is my go to mandolin. Always a joy to play. And I personally love the satin finish. Update. 11/6/16. Just added a 815V to the mix. I also have a 404 with the black face. Yes , I do love Eastman mandolins. A strong selling point is the slender neck and radius of the fretboard.
    Larry
  2. rickp1220
    rickp1220
    305 for 3 weeks, total mandolin geek now.
  3. mando_noob
    mando_noob
    Just got my MD515 today from Elderly Instruments. I bought an Ibanez about 6 months ago to see if I really wanted to learn the mandolin, and found that I really enjoy the sound, the techniques, and the music surrounding these instruments. So I decided to upgrade to the Eastman MD515. It's very nice. Looks great. The setup is done well (unlike the Ibanez that was unplayable when I got it) and it sounds really good. Looking forward to getting to really know this little mandolin.
  4. Timmy Josh
    Timmy Josh
    I just got a MD305 for my first mandolin. Having a blast. Would like to get a F style in the future and I it will probably be an Eastman also. Ordered mine from FolkMusician.com. Seller was Robert. Nice guy and very well setup mandolin!
  5. greenwdse
    greenwdse
    I have the 305 too. Lovely thing. But mine is just a tad different from everyone else's. It's a leftie that was converted from a rightie. Why didn't I get the southpaw 305? Can't get'm in the UK it seems. We're having an adventure though. Have a look. http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/gr...831&do=discuss
  6. Timmy Josh
    Timmy Josh
    I'm left handed but play right handed. Sometimes I wish I had learned left instead. Always wondered if that holds me back from being better. Back when I was learning guitars there weren't many lefts to choose from so I decided to learn right. Now days there're a hole lot more instruments being made left handed.
  7. RandyC
    RandyC
    Just bought a used 815 over the weekend. My plan was to buy the Kentucky 1050 but while i was at the store I picked up the 815 and new right away this was the one.
  8. Groundcoat
    Groundcoat
    I bought a new 515 last December and absolutely love it. I am seeing a little bit of unexpected fret wear but nothing to worry about. Yet. Immediately after purchasing it, I installed a K&K pickup and and upgraded the case. So far, so good.
  9. Alcluith
    Alcluith
    Have a MD 604 L. Really like the sound of it.
    Alcluith
  10. Willie Dutchman
    Willie Dutchman
    Got a 605 today. Sweet tone, bite waiting in the wings.
  11. Mando Mort
    Mando Mort
    Sold a Loar 520 and bought an Eastman 615. I can hardly put it down. It was nicely set up by Picker's Supply. I am getting compliments on the sound of this instrument.
  12. Papa P
    Papa P
    Been playing MD315 with the classic finish for about 18 months. I am totally satisfied with the warmth and depth of sound that she has.
  13. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    Just added a 514 to compliment the 404. Love that old skool cool tone Eastman gets from a short neck oval hole.
  14. Roger Moss
    Roger Moss
    Recently acquired a la-305 on craigslist. Original owner bought it new then put it away unplayed, so I am virtually the first owner. It is the older generation though with the cheapo stamped tailpiece, so I upgraded to an Ashton Bailey cast model. Also for no other reason than I had them laying around I had installed a set of Rubner tuners. She looks and plays mi-tee sweet and is uniquely mine.
  15. BeanJean
    BeanJean
    I recently won an Eastman 814 f body round hole mandolin in a raffle. The sound is beautiful. I’m a complete newbie and on a steep learning curve but having lots of fun.
  16. Don Roon
    Don Roon
    Hi Newbie here but just got my first mandolin...MD-305 L (Lefty version). Not many left handed mandolins that are made that way from the manufacturer...so this was a real find. So far I'm liking it....easy to play.
  17. tassiespirit
    tassiespirit
    Just got mine this week, a 2006 915 No. 61, a little bit worn but still beautiful.
  18. meow-n-dolin
    meow-n-dolin
    I have the start of a "collection." (I lost all my instruments in a fire a few years ago, so I am "re-collecting."

915 B Mando
    MD-314 Mando
    MDO305 OM
    MDA315
    MDC-804 'Cello
    E6OM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123