Three Owls Jig

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

My humble offering of Robert Bach's Three Owls Jig. Robert, Hendrik and John (so far) have done excellent renditions of this...it was posted I think, in April. Took me this long to learn it and finally finished it with my lesson last Friday with Emory.
  2. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Well done Ginny! I enjoyed this a lot. It has a nice relaxed flow to it. Really cool slide show too.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Robert. I like the comment about it having a nice relaxed feel to it because I was feeling anything but relaxed - but I bet I could play it off by heart now after so many failed recordings with both instruments. I was determined to play this song because I like it so much. It just took some extra time. Thanks again, because this is your song !
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Sounds fantastic, Ginny!
    And makes me also want to play this tune, so I'll look for the tabs.
    But I'm sure, I won't master it as relaxed as you do!
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks CC - I think Robert put the music up with his initial posting (which I think was about April) Your O'Carolan song was excellent by the way.
  6. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    All your effort was worth it Ginny what a pleasure to listen to this! My compliments.
  7. dustyamps
    dustyamps
    Nice recording by Ginny and composition by Robert. Congratulations to you both.
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great video, Ginny. So fluid when you go with how you feel and relax from midi timings. Lovely illustrations too.
  9. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you for your comments. As helpful as midi files are to begin with I have come to learn (with John's help) to learn the song and then try and do it yourself. It doesn't always work but I think if you've played the song enough times to get a feel for it, the tempo will be fine. Or not.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Great rendition, raising a mental image of sunny trees and birds chirping
    Wait - aren't owls silent predators of the night?

Interesting gallery with lots of unknown new species of owls
  11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nothing new to tell about your recording, Ginny.
    I only connect it to the Official Tune of the Week #495
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Frithjof. I tied to copy into the Three Owls post buy it wouldn't work. Ohhh - I got it. The tech genius that I am.