Ruth's Waltz

1. crisscross
    crisscross
    After listening to Robert's "Le tourment", I went to the website of the Portland Collection, to find out, that it isn't downloadable in pdf-format. You have to order a hard copy.
    Well, shipping it to Germany would probably be quite expensive. But there are some free sheet music samples on this website, for example this nice waltz composed by Anne Duston. https://www.theportlandcollection.com/waltzes/
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    A beautiful tune CC !! So clear and sweet I keep having trouble with my recorder. It sounds like you play softly like me but my Tascam just can't pick it up. What do you use ?
  3. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks, Ginny! I use a Tascam dp-008 eight track recorder and an AKG C 1000 microfone.
    That's about it, I may add a little reverb, but no equalization.
    Do you use the built-in microfone? Maybe an external one placed close to the instrument can pick up the nuances...
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely tune and very fine recording and playing, Christian. Even on the laptop speakers this sounds really good, and on my big speakers it shines.
  5. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks, John!
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    So much happiness and strength flow from that tune - Anne Duston would be proud of this rendition, as would Aunt Ruth, I am sure.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks CC - I'll google the microfone. (microphone?) I just use the built in one on the recorder and I am still too quiet.
  8. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks Bertram! I sent the link to Sue Songer from the Portland Collection, and she wrote me, that she will play the recording to Anne Duston. Maybe Aunt Ruth has a listen in heaven...
    @Ginny:The AKG C1000S sells for less than 100 Euro here in Germany, so it shouldn't cost that much in Canada.
    But there are surely other microfones, that work well. I'm no expert, but I think a condenser microfone works better for a mandolin than a dynamic one.