Tell Us about Your Girouard Mandolin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Congratulations brcmando!
  2. kevin251
    kevin251

Loving this one, bought it a couple weeks ago. It was the sixth one that Max made before putting serial numbers on them. Western Red Cedar top, Red maple back, sides and neck, neck is three piece with a walnut stringer, adjustable truss rod, Ivoroid binding, 1704 varnish, Cocobolo fingerboard, ebony peghead overlay. Red Maple is seventy years old and the cedar top was cut in the 80's.
  3. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    I love playing my Girouard Mandolins A #62. She is just incredible. As a teacher in a public school, I know the value of the arts for kids. Though I am NOT a music teacher, I bring my Girouard with me to school most days. When we have "indoor recess" (IE: to cold or to rainy to go outside), I play for the kids in the classroom. They all seem tolove it. I know I am just a beginner and only learning the instrument, but they think I mam great and they LOVE the sound of this beautiful masterpiece. Thank you again Max and Lauri, your artistry is as much to thak for my playing becoming more cionfident as my practicing... mainly because she is such a joy to play that practicing is never a chore!
  4. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    [IMG]{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\b lue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \ }[/IMG]
  5. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    [IMG]{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\b lue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \ }[/IMG]
  6. brcmando
    brcmando
    Hey guys, I started doing a video series where I record myself playing a cover of one of my friends songs. In this instance I cover my pal Jimmy Ryan's song "John Brown"...and my Girouard makes an appearance on two of the 3 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB9Y9lYqL1E
  7. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    Very nice Brian!
  8. brcmando
    brcmando
    Have you heard? Guitar octaves are coming...
  9. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    Yes! Will be really wonderful to see and hear! Don't think I will be getting one for myself, but I will enjoy looking and listening!
  10. Cicerojoe
    Cicerojoe
    I stopped by to see Max and Laurie yesterday en route from Rhode Island to Maine. It was great to meet them and get to talk mandolins. I got to play an F-style that they were just finishing up - beautiful! Max spent about an hour and a half with me discussing everything from tuner and tail piece options to general characteristics of the various woods he uses, taking time to explain everything and answer all my questions. So I ordered an A5 and I am looking forward to working with Max and Laurie as they bring my new instrument to life.
  11. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    Congratulations Cicerojoe! It will be a wonderful experience for you, I know it!
  12. Cicerojoe
    Cicerojoe
    I picked up my new baby on Monday. A beautiful A5 with Sitka spruce top and red maple back/sides. S/N 105 from the first Pawtucket build, which means something to this Rhode Island native. Max set up the action to my liking while I was at the new shop. Max and Lauri were as gracious as the first time I visited in NH. It sound fantastic and I know it will only improve as it opens up.
  13. ccravens
    ccravens
    My wide-nut A just came in the mail yesterday. The sound and workmanship are great, and just what I was looking for. I know the sound will improve even more in the coming months, which will make it totally awesome.

It is always risky buying a mando, or a brand, that you've never had a chance to personally play, and I'm so happy that my hopes and expectations were more than met!

I just posted some store pictures from Sylvan Music in California.

Looking forward to spending the upcoming years with this mando! Now it's time to do some string experimenting! I'll post some audio ASAP.

Many thanks to Max and Laurie!

14. yankees1
    I own a Girouard A Oval and this is the best sounding oval I have ever heard or played and I have played many top end end ovals at Gruhn's in Nashville ! Including a Gilchrist ! I have on order a F4 Concert model from Max which should be delivered late summer 2019 !
  15. Gary Leonard
    Gary Leonard
    I proudly own Girouard A Oval #202. It features an abalone rosette, abalone fret markers, and abalone Girouard script. I opted to get three ply binding on the top, and it looks great with the black top and abalone. To top it off, it has an engraved James tailpiece, and ebony tuning buttons on the Rubner tuners.

Looking forward to growing with this mandolin!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12