Hello Everyone!

1. Rosanna Lovecchio
    Rosanna Lovecchio
    Well, I'm diving into the deep end. After years of watching my husband enjoy music playing bass with various groups, I've decided to join in the fun and learn to play. I don't have any previous history with the exception of playing recorder when I was in 5th grade but the mandolin has always been a favorite. So I did my research (reading a lot on this forum, watching many videos on YouTube), ordered my instrument (Kentucky KM-272) with it's accoutrements and am waiting impatiently for them to arrive. Oh boy...what did I get myself into...LOL. Wish me luck!

Rosanna
  2. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Kentuckies are excellent instruments to take the plunge with. If you have been lurking in the Newbies group for a while, you'll probably already know that we're a mutual aid society. So don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome to the bunch. You'll be posting videos in no time!
  3. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Welcome to the group, DocZan89!

It sounds like you are starting at about the same point that I did. Somewhere along the way, I decided it would be a good idea to learn to read music while I was trying to learn to play a mandolin. It has been a slow process, but I am making some progress. Hang in there. It can be learned!

Good luck!!