tae in the bog

1. gortnamona
    gortnamona

another taught by Brian McGrath at his recent workshop, goes great after the previous posted McNultys
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You're well known for your triplets, but I really like the slides in this too. Great sound and technique!
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely playing of a great jig and we get a gander at that beauty of a NK Forster mandolin again as well - great stuff Lawrence!
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Second the praise on the slides. Generally a rock-solid and wholesome musical experience.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great tune, great playing and a great instrument, G. Played at a very sensible pace too, I might add!
  6. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    just picked up another version of this jig , probably the more common one. sold my Shippey a5 and had Paul make me a ten string axe mandolin, flat top, carved back, it might just be my favourite at the minute, so give it a quick, no frills run through on it.

7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great version on a great-sounding instrument.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I do agree with John.
    It’s a pleasure to listen to this version as well as to your more polished first recording. I’m looking forward to hear more of this stuff on your new Shippey.
  9. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely mandolin and playing sir!
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Now there's a mandolin with a strong midrange that's bawling at the world courageously. No frills needed.