Over the Rainbow

1. Tavy
    Tavy
    I think this one really suites the mandolin, you can drag really it out and get everyone sobbing

Played here though on my 'dola:

2. WillFly
    WillFly
    Very soulful, Tavy! I did this one on guitar on YouTube almost 3 years ago, so I'll post it below as a contrast - I could only muster 6 strings for this version... I play it with G voicing, capo'ed on the 4th fret to add some brightness, which puts it in B. I used to plug directly in to the recorder in those days, and add some reverb - none of which I do now.

3. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Very nice Tavy. Love the sound of your 'dola.
    Gary
  4. Tavy
    Tavy
    Will - love your version - still I can't help but thinking that 5 fingers to my one pick is cheating

>Very nice Tavy. Love the sound of your 'dola.

Cheers Gary, commissions greatfully received, though I can't promise how long they might take!!
  5. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    I would like that Tavy, but I'm a GDAE kinda guy.
    I wouldn't know what to do with a C string.
    Besides, I'm already commissioned to the max.
    Even had to make a deal with the Devil for my second child.
    Problem is I only have one and I'm 60+.
    So I had better get busy in the next few months.
  6. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Great tune and great stuff Tavy & Will, love it.....
  7. Tavy
    Tavy
    >I would like that Tavy, but I'm a GDAE kinda guy.
    >I wouldn't know what to do with a C string.
    >Besides, I'm already commissioned to the max.

No sweat, I was half in jest anyway - I'm still very much a "learning builder"!

Good luck with the Devil and the second child
  8. dcdan
    dcdan
    Tavy its a great tune and sounds beatiful on dola. Its very late at my office i'm alone and the only thing I have hear right now is a resonator mandolin....but I'm inspired so I hope I don't bruise the tune too badly
  9. dcdan
    dcdan
    Here it is from late last night
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    dcdan, it seems you have something to show / tell us... but can't get it right! Keep on trying!
  11. dcdan
    dcdan
    http://youtu.be/znseLWb-trs
    maybe that will work or at least point to the video
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Let's see if I can get this work

13. dcdan
    dcdan
    thanks...
  14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    To embed your you tube video:

Start at your video. In the address bar, copy the code after the "=" (in dc dan's case, copy the "znseLWb-trs&feature=youtu.be" from the full address which is "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znseLWb-trs&feature=youtu.be")

Then, go to the message here, and make sure you use 'reply' not 'quick reply'. When you do, you will see an icon 'tube' along the top of the message pane. Type your message, then click the 'tube' icon, and paste the code you copied, into the box, and click 'ok'. Then, click 'preview' to make sure it is how you want it. Then click 'post message'.
  15. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    You're welcome! Glad you kept trying... it's a great rendition!
  16. mculliton123
    mculliton123

Over the Rainbow (reprise)
    20 minutes to tune, 2 minutes to play.
  17. GHall
    GHall
    This is based more on Israel Kamakawiwoʻole's version rather than the traditional Judy Garland's version, but still a lotta fun!