Looking for a Poe - tips?

1. MoreThanQuinn
    MoreThanQuinn
    Hey Poe owners,

I just wanted to drop a line in here. In May I'll be moving abroad for almost two years, but before I do I am saving up to purchase my first major "upgrade," - a mandolin to keep me company while I'm abroad and help me continue to grow my playing.

Like everyone else in this group, I assume, the sounds I hear in the Poe videos blow me away. (Do they all sound as good as those videos of the 60, 61, and 62?? Oh my.) I had been looking at flat tops for a while and then found the Poe Scouts, and wow... they have quickly made their way to the top of my list.

That said, they seem hard to come by, and the Poe website says no new orders are currently being taken. For budget purposes, used is probably my best bet anyways.
    So, where do you all recommend I keep an eye out for a Poe Scout? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Also, on the off chance any one of you decides to sell a Scout, please keep me in mind!

One last question, are there any videos or recordings of classical (Bach or otherwise) being played on a Poe Scout? I saw the one in this group on a Mandola (that was very awesome), and I'm curious to hear what it would sound like on a Scout. I assume it would be lovely.

Thanks everyone!

-Quinn