Cool Mandolin Cafe Link for chords

1. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Hi everyone:

I was working on the tune of the month and wanted to get a two or three finger D chord. I was fumbling around until I found this great little interactive feature on the Cafe. Basically pick a chord you want to know the fingering for, and it'll show you. Just make sure at the bottom pull down menu that you pick Mandolin chords. It has options for other string instruments, like Mandola, which I thought was cool.

Here's the link. https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin...eft.pl?chord=D
  2. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Thanks Otto, you'd be surprised how much good stuff lurks behind the scenes or in the underground labyrinths of this site! It's fun to just go exploring every link you can find sometimes. Warning: It may be possible to get lost down there. Maybe that's why fellow newbies suddenly disappear sometimes?
  3. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    What you do is click the button up there that reads "Learn/Listen", then instead of Social Groups, choose "Chord Library"
  4. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Ellsdemon. I was hoping to find an easier Bm chord there, but, alas, it was not to be. There is an F#m variation I'll try tonight.
  5. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I just remembered that there is a free (I think) iPhone app available called BasicChords. I use it from time to time. I just pulled it out and it showed me several variations on Bm down at the open position plus many more on up the neck. Plays the notes, too. And indicates what part of the chord each string represents. It's a pretty neat little app.
  6. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Henry! I didn't see that app for my Android, but found smartChord, which has a 4.7 rating (out of 5). It's now on my phone.
  7. OneChordTrick
    OneChordTrick
    Another Basic Chords fan here. Great little app and free!

(No connection)
  8. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    Mark said some newbies disappear for awhile. It's not true. We only get lost for awhile. I have been lost with several versions of 'Liberty ' then a couple of weeks ago 'Bill Cheatham ' sidetracked me.

Full disclosure: I have read every thread in the Old Time Music category.
  9. Spragster
    Spragster
    Id like to add that the mandolincafe’s own app has a sweet little chord library as well. The ios version needs an update but its possible the android version may still be working. It was a major goto for me. Id keep a pdf up on my ipad with whatever tabs/notation i was playing with and my phone on the side as a cheatsheet for chords