New Member & New RN1

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Just received my new RN1 from SLO. Wanted one since I played one about 4 years ago while purchasing my Vintage Steel guitar. Finally was able to swing it. Here is the very first song I've recorded using the mandolin just how it came from the factory. It's a truly wonderful instrument.

2. chasgrav
    chasgrav
    Nice playing, Michael. How great is it to have a mandolin that sounds that lovely, but can still hold it's own in a large Irish session?!
  3. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Michael,
    Nice picking. Thanks for posting the vid. I am not a RM-1 owner, but am just starting to explore it's use in ITM sessions to cut through all the fiddles. I first started considering a tenor banjo, but would much rather stick to mandolin. I'd appreciate any feedback from you or others in the group. Thanks,
    Steve
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks chasgrav and Steve-o! Yes it's great to be able to be heard in a large Jam session. Most of the people I play with are into bluegrass so they always give your instrument the once over to see if it meets their "bluegrass" approval. Should have seen the faces when I showed up with a National! However it was certainly plenty loud enough to let a "run-on banjo player" know the mandolin was taking a turn. I think everyone else was surprised how mellow it could sound also. Don't know any Irish players personally but the above version garnered some nice compliments from a few "Celtic" guys over on the Tune A Week group. All in all a sound investment. I'd do it again.
  5. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    I'm starting to play with an Irish traditional music ensemble, and I'm looking forward to being able to hear myself with my RM-1.
  6. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    I love the look on a banjo player's face when he first realizes that the mandolin is now just as loud as the banjo...