Kentucky Jams

1. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Hey all! Just wanted to let you know that if you're in Northern KY, there are 2 more options I found out about today. The first is at the Blue Stars Cafe in Newport. It's owned by Gracie Muldoon, a dj (possibly the owner of?) WorldWideBluegrass.com. Every Saturday there's a jam session, pretty much all day long. Food is good, too - hubby and I ate there today for lunch.
    http://www.myspace.com/bluestarscafe

Also, the Northern Kentucky Bluegrass Music Association is having a jam session every 4th Friday at 6:00 p.m. at Willis Music on Mall Rd. The store manager said they had 120 people show up for the last one!

Hope to get involved in some of this when we get moved... hope it's soon!

Tracy
  2. Toycona
    Toycona
    Hey all, are there any jams in Louisville?
  3. John Hill
    John Hill
    Any jams in the Lexington area?
  4. Dan_dolin
    Dan_dolin
    John.....Tuesday and Saturday night at Crestwood Christian Church in Lexington is the Firehouse Pickers Jam. There is also a jam on Thursday night at Georgetown at the barn at First United Methodist Church. Both are open jams with acoustic instruments.
  5. Dan_dolin
    Dan_dolin
    also...Bluegrass Anonymous posts a letter on their webpage with many jams listed. I've never posted a link before...try this.

http://www.bluegrass-anonymous.org/i...d=24&Itemid=33
  6. John Hill
    John Hill
    Hey thanks, since I'm in Georgetown I'll look into that one for sure. Anyone here go to it before?
  7. Dan_dolin
    Dan_dolin
    John....I've been to the jam at Georgetown a couple of times. Players ranged from beginners to advanced. The times that I went there was a good mix of different instruments. The group was cordial with a good, friendly atmosphere.
  8. Eric Michael Pfeiffer
    Eric Michael Pfeiffer
    Do they still jam at the barn in Rosine Kentucky on Friday nights? Also I do believe that there is a jam at the "Int'l Bluegrass Music Musuem" in Owensboeo as well. Might be some little old-timey/Country/Bluegrass jams here and their throughout the country anywhere in Kentucky as well....always inquire locally.
  9. RevDrJo
    RevDrJo
    Toycona, this may be a little late but I have folks who have recommended I check out Louisville Folk School. They have open jams on Saturdays, I think. If you hear of any others I would love to know.